Welcome to our Courtyard houses
If you are looking for accommodation in Wicklow why not treat yourself to a stay in the traditional and unique surroundings of these courtyard holiday houses. These were the farm workers houses when Coolattin Lodge was a working farm which served the magnificent estate home of Coolattin House, (adjoining property), now Coolattin Golf Club. Each house has been named after it’s original use, we have The Dairymaid’s, The Groom’s, The Saddler’s Loft and Tindal’s Cottage. They have been beautifully and sympathetically refurbished, retaining traditional features, fabric and even the patina that have endured for nearly 200 years.
The Groom’s House
- 3 Bedrooms, 3 doubles or 3 twins
- Sleeps 6 guests
- Large sitting Room, Patio Access
- Country Kitchen with Wood burning stove
- Utility/Storage Room
- Flat Screen TV, Wifi
- En-suite shower rooms & toilets
Formerly these quarters housed the staff who were responsible for grooming, feeding, cleaning of tack and general care of the horses in the yard which were as important to the viability of the farm as the tractor is today. There are three double or 3 twin bedrooms.The bathrooms are en suite, one dedicated and one with tandem entrance to two bedrooms. There is a large sitting room. The kitchen/dining area has old world charm, being little changed in appearance from the time when it was used by the farm workers right up to the mid 1970s. It has a large wood burning stove sitting in a large open fireplace which contributes greatly to the atmosphere. French windows lead from the kitchen onto a private patio area. This is a 2 level house.
- 5 Bedroom option
- 3 Bedroom option
- Country Style Kitchen with dining
- Very large sitting room also with dining area, flat screen TV
- En-suite showers rooms & toilets
- Private patio
- private parking
- Wood burning stove & Central oil heating
The Dairymaid’s is very spacious having a large sitting/reception room, a well equipped kitchen and dining area with wood burning stove and a spacious hallway. The bathrooms are en-suite, one with tandem access to 2 bedrooms.
Rental Options for the Dairymaids house.
It is possible to rent the Dairymaids house as a 3 bedroom house or a 5 bedroom house
As a 3 bedroom house – 3 doubles
As a 5 bedroom house, there are 3 options:
- 5 doubles or
- 4 doubles and 1 twin
- or 3 doubles and 2 twins
There is a tiled patio area through a French window from the sitting room with access to a wild flower garden, lawn and small orchard. There is private parking and entrance to The Dairymaids house. All accommodation is on one level.
The Saddler’s Loft
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bedrooms (1 kingsize double and 2 Twins/or 2 doubles)
- Sitting Room/kitchen combined
- Flat Screen TV, Wifi
- En-suite shower rooms & toilets
- Old charm
- Oil central heating
The Saddler’s Loft is where craftsmen worked daily to repair and maintain the tack for the farm workhorses and saddle horses. It is as the name suggests loft style accommodation, all located on the 2nd floor. The shared entrance is at ground level. The loft is bright and has three bedrooms. One bedroom has a king size double bed and the other two bedrooms can be made up as 2 twins or two doubles. The bedrooms are charming with an old world feel as they have been little changed since the Saddler boys lived there. The sitting room and kitchen are combined in one room which has imposing original wooden beams exposed. The bathrooms are en-suite, one dedicated and one with tandem entrance to two bedrooms. The local farmer’s farm buildings housing livestock are visible from the back view windows, there are also views on to the hills behind. All front windows have lovely views on to the courtyard.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Double Bedrooms or 2 Twin bedrooms
- Country Style Kitchen/dining with an open fire place
- Flat screen TV
- 1 En-suite shower room/toilet
- 1 shower room & toilet
- Wheelchair accessible
- Oil Central heating
There are two bedrooms in this cottage, both bedrooms are double and can be used with 2 twins in each room or 1 double in each room, therefore the house sleeps 4 people, either 2 couples or 4 singles. One of the rooms has an en-suite the other has a shower room and toilet beside the bedroom. The cottage has old original features and is very charming, with little changed in appearance from the time when it served for the farm workers. It has a wood burning stove which contributes greatly to the atmosphere. The cottage is over 1 level and is wheelchair accessible.
4 Courtyard Houses – Individual House Prices – Minimum 2 Night Stay
|House & Sleeping Capacity||Per Week||Per Weekend 2 Nights (Fri & Sat)||Mid-Week per Night (Mon-Thurs)*Minimum of 2 nights stay|
|Tindal’s Cottage (sleeps 4)||€960||€340||€145|
|The Dairymaid’s House (Sleeps 6 as a 3 bed House)||€1174||€500||€215|
|The Dairymaid’s House (Sleeps 10 as a 5 bed House)||€2136||€840||€360|
|The Groom’s House (sleeps 6)||€1174||€500||€215|
|The Saddler’s Loft (sleeps 6)||€1080||€465||€200|
House Layout and Bedroom Allocation
The Groom’s House– 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6) 6 singles or 3 couples
The Dairymaid’s House as a 3 bedroom – 3 double bedrooms option(sleeps 6)
The Dairymaid’s House as a 5 bed house – Options- 5 doubles Or 4 double plus 1 x twin or 3 doubles plus 2 x twins(sleeps 10)
The Saddler’s Loft – 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6) 5 singles or 4 singles & 1 double
Tindal’s Cottage –2 bedroom(sleeps 4) 2 doubles or 2 twins
Rental Conditions & deposit
- Reservation Deposit. To secure your reservation we require an advance payment deposit of €150 per house which will serve as both your booking deposit and your refundable damage deposit, the amount will be refunded to you on your departure
- Deposit to be paid within 7 days. The deposit must be made within 7 days of a provisional booking in order to secure the reservation, failing this your provisional booking will be invalidated and the dates will become free for other groups to book.
- No Bank Card facility We regret that we do not have a credit card/debit card facility therefore we can not take payment over the phone.
- Bank Transfer. If you are making payment via bank transfer it is very important to identify the payment with your name or a reference with which we can clearly link to your booking. Please then notify us as soon as possible to inform us that you have made the transfer.
- Balance paid on arrival. The balance due will be paid at the reception on arrival prior to the handover of keys.
- One appointed contact. If you are staying with a group one person should be appointed to manage the booking and make payments, therefore this person must arrive before or with your group
- Strictly No Pets As much as we are animal lovers and have our own 2 dogs, we do not accept pets at the rental property under any circumstances due to hygiene, allergies and comfort of other guests or guests arriving after your stay. If you arrive with a pet we regret that the animal will not be able to stay, so please respect this condition, nor will we accept that the animal will sleep in the car as this is unsafe for the animal. No animals will be accepted on the property grounds unless the animal is a registered guide dog.
- Keys handover. Please note keys can not be issued prior to payment of balance and security deposit.
- Check-in time is at 15:30, Check-out time is 11:30 a.m. An earlier check in or later check out may be prearranged on request which may or may not be possible, it will depend on when our previous guests are checking out or when our next group of guests is arriving but we will do what we can to accommodate your request.
- Heating cost. Oil is charged at cost price. A meter reading is taken on arrival and before departure.
- No extra guests shall occupy the rental houses other than those agreed
- No smoking inside houses. A strict no smoking policy applies inside the holiday houses.
- Rubbish disposal. All Rubbish/waste from your house must be sorted and placed in the communal bins provided at that back of the arched building prior to departure. The bins are separated for food waste, dry recyclables, household rubbish and bottles, green, brown, clear. Please take care to properly sort your waste.
- Damage. All houses will be checked prior to the refund of the booking/damage deposit for damage and that the house is left clean. All bins must be emptied and rubbish disposed of in the allocated communal bins. If there are breakages please do let us know before we check the houses for damage/cleanliness prior to departure. Damaged items may be deducted from your deposit at the owner’s discretion.
- Leaving house clean. If a house is left unclean an amount may be deducted from the deposit at the owners discretion. The houses should be left clean as you found them on arrival. All plates/crockery and pots and pans, etc, should be washed and placed back in cupboards
- Moving items between houses. If you can avoid it we ask you not to bring items such as glasses, plates, chairs, etc, from one house to another. If this does happen please do ensure to return them in their house of origin so that the next guests have everything they need in their house.
- Forgotten personal belongings. We also ask guests to check the houses over to ensure that they have not left any personal belongings behind them. We regret that we do not operate a forwarding mail service for personal belongings that are left behind. We do keep personal belongings safe for collection but to avoid having to return to collect forgotten items please do take the utmost care to check your house before you leave.
- Beautiful Well Water. There is no need to bring plastic bottles of water. We have the purest, freshest, softest well water that is free! You can access this water in all the kitchen taps (not bathroom taps). Please think of the environment and use our well water instead of buying and paying for plastic bottles which will need to be disposed of after. It’s such a privilege to have well water, let’s take advantage of it.
We thank you for adhering to our rental conditions. The above conditions are in place to ensure an efficient service and a pleasant stay for everyone.